Training Infrastructure and Faculty :
Training offered at Coimbatore Marine College is of high quality and strictly online with the guidelines of DG Shipping and IMO. Theoretical and Practical aspects are covered by highly proficient Chief Engineers, Captains and other experienced faculties.
Physical Training, Swimming & Boating Practice :
Compulsory Morning PT, Parade Training by Naval Instructor, regular Swimming Practice & Boating Practice by experts. Regular English proficiency, communication skill, personality development, yoga programmes are arranged at the beginning of the course curriculum. Active participation of students in various exhibitions, seminars conducted by various educational institutes and our students bagged many prizes.
A playground with the vast area is available for students to play various games such as cricket, volley ball, football, basket ball& indoor games. The training is provided by qualified sports instructor.
Frequent industrial visits and scheduled programme for students to have practical training at Goodwill Marine Engineering workshop &Choudhary Technical Institute at Chennai.
Masters and Chief Engineers of varied ship experience constitute the core faculty members and also visiting faculty members from industrial and corporate backgrounds apart from well qualified, experienced professors/lecturers for academic subjects.
Any dispute arising out of process of candidature or during training is subject to the jurisdiction of Coimbatore
Campus Features :
The Ship in Campus designed and built on a real-time model, the Ship in Campus – T.S Clarissa is one of the best in the world.
Built on 10,000 Sq.ft area, the ship consists of Administrative office, Conference hall, Main Engine Room having of 2100 BHP Engine with the full operational condition and allied AUX Machinery including Electrical Generator, AUX Boiler and Systems.
Second Floor and Third Floor
More than 30,000 sq.ft of floor space is devoted to classrooms with individual personal computers connected to the main server.
More than 9500 sq.ft of space is occupied by fully air conditioned auditorium equipped with LCD projector, Electronics Smart Board and Multimedia facilities.The floor also houses a full mission manoeuvring bridge and engine room simulator. These two full mission simulators replicate all machinery/equipment in the bridge and engine room of any modern vessel and are interconnected to recreate a complete and realistic ship environment.
- In engine room, we also have Simulators for auxiliary machines and Boiler automation.
- On the Bridge deck, we have Simulators for all bridge operations.
- A campus automation system connects all the departments within the campus is being planned to facilitate inter-departmental interaction and faster response. This is also the first step towards making CMC a paperless environment in the future.
College Campus & Infrastructure Facilities
- The Campus is situated in a sprawling area of more than 10 acres of land on National Highway on Pollachi Main Road, at Myleripalayam about 12 km away from Railway Station and 20kms away from the Airport.
- The College is located in calm, quiet, pollution free, cool environment with adequate basic amenities.
- Separate building for Administration, Class Rooms and Hostel in an area of 40,000 sq.ft. to cater complete residential programme for the students.
- The Classrooms are equipped with Modern Teaching aid including LCD Projector, OHP for better understanding.
- The state of the art, laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Thermal, Fluid Mechanics, Strength of material in an area of more than 4,000 sq.ft.
- Basic engineering skill and workshop practice on Bench Fitting Shop, Lathe Section, Special Machine & Welding Workshop with an area of more than 5000 sq.ft
- Marine lab with plenty of used Marine Equipments& AUX machinery for practical training.
- Well, setup Computer Lab with modern software and Internet connection.
- A well-stocked library with very rich and rare collection of Marine and Engineering books, publications, video cassettes, CDs & latest Software on Marine Engineering and Ship operation in an area of more than 5,000 sq. ft.
- “A Home away from Home” for students. A separate hostel is provided with spacious accommodation, safe drinking water and both veg & non-veg meals prepared in the hygienic kitchen. Medical help on call, hair saloon and round the clock STD/ISD booth.
- Separate building for Administration, Class Rooms and Hostel with the floor area of 40,000 sq.ft. to cater complete residential programme for 300 students.
- Various Indoor game facilities.
- Organise ON & OFF Campus Interview for students.
- Special Preparatory classes are held by experts to prepare students for interviews.
- Has a dedicated network constantly Scouts for various opening in the shipping industries.
- Filling of INDoS forms and obtaining INDoS numbers from LBS College, Mumbai.
- Arrangement for STCW courses, completing CDC formalities. The CDC will be issued on the college campus after the completion of the course.
- To obtain MEO CLASS IV PART ‘A’ EXEMPTION certificate